As a premium global brand, people enjoy HOKA® products around the world! Fake, fraudulent and scam websites try to benefit from our brand name by fooling customers.
We're working to combat fake websites to safeguard our relationship with you and give you the best possible experience. To make sure you're ordering from a safe and legitimate website, we have compiled some tips and tricks below.
- Pay attention to the address bar. Check that the website's URL starts with https, not http. The 'S' indicates the website uses encryption to transfer data, protecting it from hackers. Additionally, look for a padlock icon in the address bar to ensure there's a secure connection.
- Watch for poor grammar and spelling. Legitimate companies put effort into presenting a professional website and have very little to no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Look for reliable contact information. Are there several ways of contacting the company, including via phone, live chat and email?
Pricing & payment:
- Assess the price of the item. Does the price or offer seem too good to be true? Prices that are very low or heavily discounted are often used as a tactic to encourage purchasing through scam websites.
- Look at the payment methods the website accepts. Does the website accept secure payment methods such as PayPal or Afterpay? Fraudulent websites will primarily aim to collect your credit card details.
*Please note that if you've ordered outside of the HOKA NZ website, we unfortunately cannot assist but recommend directly contacting the original retailer. If you purchased from a verified stockist, their contact details will be available on our stockist list.